About Your Benefits
Short-Term Disability Plan
Here are the parameters of the Short Term Disability (STD) insurance:
- The Hartford provides the STD insurance for CMH
- Guaranteed acceptance, regardless of health (pre-existing conditions are not covered until you have been covered for at least 12 consecutive months)
- Benefits to NOT automatically increase or decrease due to changes in pay hour scheduled hours
- Enrolled employees should check the Premium Sheet (attached) to assure proper coverage levels
- Benefits begin after 15 days of disability for off-the-job accidents and sickness
- Up to 11 week benefit period (following the 15 day waiting period)
- Can purchase coverage to protect up to 70% of your base pay ($3000/week maximum)
- Extended Sick Bank (ESB) time may be used to supplement STD benefits (not to exceed 100% of pre-disability income)
- Maternity is covered as an illness
- By calling The Hartford (1-877-822-3184), employees can simultaneously apply for a Leave of Absence (LOA) and telephonically apply for STD benefits.
Each employee interested in purchasing the STD insurance should review the attached premium sheet. Directions for calculating the level of coverage to consider are listed at the bottom of the page.
If you have any questions, please contact your Human Resources representative.